12

Japanese Buffet : Jogoya, Starhill

Posted by cibol on 6:59 AM in ,
Since a few of my staffs will be leaving the branch soon, we decided to throw a farewell dinner for them. We were looking for a decent place, not so expensive but a place whereby we can have plenty of food to satisfy our cravings for food, seafood that is - You know how hard it is to get a decent and nice seafood around KL.



We actually listed out a few places but finally decided to go to Jogoya because on that particular day, they offered a 50% discount on bookings for citibank card holder and luckily one of our staffs told me before hand and we managed to booked a place for a dinner buffet.



JOGOYA is a flagship fusion Japanese restaurant from Taiwan located at the at Relish Floor of Starhill Gallery. The restaurant has the space of 30,000 square feet with seating for 580 guests. So, on a day whereby there is discount, you can expect hundreds of people lining up to get in - that's why bookings are important in the first place.



It was quite a long wait before we actually went in to the place so, me and a few of my colleagues decided just to seat at the foyer while waiting for the ladies.



Everybody was like super busy with their hand phones.



This one just get to the extreme.



This was taken at the counter. I took a few bites of the cookies - butter cookies that is. I thought it was nice.

Finally after almost 45 minutes of waiting, table for 11 was served for us.



Personally, the bull "kiap kiap" is what attracted me the most.



First stop is always the light bites for me. And so I went to the sushi corner. There's plenty of seafood and most of it are raw. So, if you don't eat raw meat I would not suggest you to come over this place. Enter at your own risk.



Japanese tofu with salted century egg.



Some sort of mini salad



I grab a couple of these. I must say that I'm not a big fan of Japanese food but I'm kinda influence by baby bit by bit now. She's a great fan. It's not that bad anyway. we always enjoy good food right?



My personal plate, full of seafood.



My second plate. Damn!



The hot steaming dim sum on the way!!



I was mesmerized by this fella. He made cooking seafood so much fun but too bad I didn't have the time to take a video.



Each and everyone of us will have a VIP orders, which means we get to order the special dish for the night and I went for the lobsters! They're expensive man, I can't help it.



Some even shared the shark fin's soup which tasted rather bad for me. I've tasted better and so at this moment I thought Jogoya is really overrated and the prices doesn't really reflects the quality of food served.

Apart from Japanese cuisine, they offer western and Chinese food as well and for those drinkers, the served alcoholic beverages too. There's a bar at the very far end of the restaurant whereby you can't get your alcohol.



AK 47



Cuba Libra

How I missed "pussy foot" at Finnegan's. The last time I had that was when baby came down to KL. I haven't had one since then.

There were some desserts as well and mostly in the shape of cakes and what do you call that glutinous dumplings? Kochi is it?



Chocolate Mint Cake



I personally like this mango pudding



Choco choco



Blueberry Cheese Cake



Tiramisu Cake

At the end of the day, one turn off for me was that I did placed 3 plates of soft shell crabs and they didn't even turned up on the table and guess what, we were chased off the table before we can actually finished everything.

So next time, come early because 2 hours is just not enough

12 Comments


I just scrolled down, don't wanna see.... Wait till I go KL and you belanja me there...and I can see with my own eyes and feast on everything! LOL!!!


Har? no soft shell crab? stupeeeed jogoya :(
Wah your pictures so tempting, kalah my Four Point Season Buffet :P wait till i go kl again, we'll have food hunt!!


You must check out my post on lobsters tomorrow! VIP konon... LOL!!!


Oh mien !! Why show food at this hour.. I'm starving @.@ Can't wait for the Bonanza man !!


Suituapui : Jogoya??? Nooooo ... I go there pun because my company belanja and can claim wan .. ha ha ha. Oh, you got lobster post is it? Ok .. gimme ur best shot. Ha ha ha

Baby : I can't wait for that moment .. :) Yeah, we'll go around and have a merry eating go around .. ha ha ha

ahlost : Lapar ka? Then fast fast go makan lor .. :p eh, I tot u the wan owes put up makan pics wan leh ..


Did you drink the coconut?!! Seriously I can drink 6 of those!


so it's not really worth it? this is one of the place i'm planning to go when i stop by kl..ehe..beside the Vietnamese restaurant u intro! =)

hhmm....anywhere better than this?


eiling : I did I had actually. 6???? My bowels too small for 6 .. ha ha ha. But the coconut is really nice la. Iced some more .. fuyohh ... but maybe because I took so much of something else, that's why kenot drink coconut too much.

Lynnwei : Why everyone wants to go to jogoya??? :) Well, my experiences and yours might differ, we have different taste buds ma. What I don't like who knows you might like? He he he. But by the way, got another Japanese buffet house I know, Kenji. I will blog about it if I got time.


Yummy! I want the lobsters!


Neo : I was not dissapointed with it. Damn nice!


i went there for an ex company dinner and like the atmosphere.. and desserts... too much to select... too little storage... wanna go there again tho.. :) if theres extra cash


drumsticks : It's a little pricey. Go there if they put up some discounts. There will be discounts for citibank cardholders once in a while.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.