11

My Big Fat ....

Posted by cibol on 11:59 PM in
You know that the generation has expanded

1. When you go ngabang (house visiting, usually during gawai), you need two Avanza and two Hilux.

2. When you want to sleep, you have to go to your another grandpa's house which is a few rooms away because your own 'bilik' (units in a long house) you have to walk 'jengket-jengket' like there's dead bodies everywhere from the living room until the kitchen.

3. When a RM30 plate of fried mee is not enough for even ONE table

4. When you see piles of TIGER beer before the kick-off

Yes, I experienced all that. I actually didn't really notice that before this until on that very day, first day of gawai. My God! My grandpa actually have more than a dozen grand children!



then I started to draw a chart on a piece of paper (sorry I did not managed to take the picture). This is my mom's side. My mom got six siblings for a start. My mom as the eldest child of Mr Edwin Dol got three children.

Cibol - That's me
Amy Maureen
Brenda Punga

Aunt Pauline, from Julau with love got herself two handsome young man

Gadley Tommy
Gadley Terry

Uncle Nick have by far the biggest number 5 PRINCESSESS!

Aileen Lola
Bernaddette Chara
Dierdre Eva
Beatrice Sura
Jennycia

Anybody taking?

Then comes Aunt Esther with one

Swaylin - yes, she was name after that Iban pop-star

next comes Aunt Anna with a lovely young lady and two rascals but grandma said, they're both way off my standard.

Renee Ajan
Leonard Leopold
Terence Awal

Uncle george came in next with

Stephanie George
Augustine Mirap
and another two which I forgot their name (Bad bad bad!)

Uncle Mike came in next with only one in Munai, I also forgot her English name.

If my math is correct that is 18 altogether.



We do not have a bungalow per say but at this current moment, yes they sleep from the living room until the kitchen. It's like a war aftermath seriously. It's like seeing dead bodies everywhere.



That pic includes Uncle Roger Baran - A young uncle of mine

The best part of this all is that, eventhough there's simply not enough place to sleep but seriously it was fun with everybody around. It's not that you guys meet each other that often but this is the season that everybody come together and GET DRUNK! ha ha ha ...



Aram kitai ngansar ka tumbung!

11 Comments


Still can't fight mine though. My mum's mum (grandma) has 9 children and a total of 30++ grandchildren. Sweat...


Phew! For a moment I thought you were going to post about me!!! Hahahahahaha!!! Well, how many additions to the lot do you intend to contribute? 1 dozen? Hehehehehehe!!!


next time if people can own a bus as private transport, make sure ur family ambik sebijik.


Wow.. Cibol and Daniel both of you have suuuuchhh larrrgeeeee extended family. very lucky!


got any cousin still available anot? wink* wink* lol


Respect your Uncle Nick :P

I see most of the new generation of Ibans, they don't have Iban name eh? But, I heard it's not easy to have an Iban name, for you need to inherit the name and not simply get one? Right?

All the English sounding names.. think most Malaysians are obssessed with this now, regardless of race haha!


That's a big family! Gosh you need a long house.


Wow cibol you have a really big family indeed! :D


daniel : That's a wholotta children dude!

suituapui : Me ah? half a dozen will do lah .. no need so many .. ha ha ha

wahlaitoi : Yes, I strongly agree

drumsticks : We're quite productive in a way .. it's in the gene .. ha ha ha

Zephyr : Any .. name it

bongkersz : Yeah, they don't. My family still have that. Actually, except for me and my younger sister Amy, they all have Iban name. Yes it's inherited and when I say inherit, sometimes not just the name - the perangai also .. ha ha ha

eiling : That's what i thought!


Any recommendations for this handsome hunks here? lol....


confirmed queue up enti ka mandi! hahaha..

too bad some are not inheriting Iban names. my side still thinks it's important to have Iban names. tusah aki ini ka ngangau nama urg puteh! lain bunyi ya legi. Stephen jd Stivin legi. haha..

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.