7

Batu Niah Best Fried Mee

Posted by cibol on 9:13 PM in ,
I was back at home for Gawai end of last month and yeah, I didn't managed to put up any post on it but chill, I left my modem in Bintulu, that's why.


There's this one particular shop at the corner of the row of coffee shops by the riverside of Batu Niah which we often if I must say, a must place to eat for each and every one of us. Every time after Sunday Mass we would be gathering at that particular shop and spend time chit chatting and just mingle around.



This particular shop by far, I think got the best fried noodles I've ever tasted! I think the whole family agrees with me. They've been around for as long as I can remember. we practically watched their children grew up!

It is a very small shop with limited sitting I must say but mind you, the seats are never empty.



Yup, the shop itself was so full of US! From the picture you can see my cousin, Renee and my grandparents. Yes, they're still alive and kicking!

After mass on 31st of May, we went there. Some of the family members was supposed to arrived a day before but due to some - I don't know, maybe they had early Gawai somewhere along the way, they only managed to get going from their respective places on the eve of Gawai itself.

This time, we ordered RM 15 worth of fried noodles.



Seriously, that RM 15 plate was not enough, we add another RM 10!

That's how good it is!

It's very different from the fried mee that we have in KL. It's less dark, less oily and also really dry. I had bad experiences in the peninsular when it comes to having fried mee. There was this one time I asked for a "mee goreng kering" and I thought that the fella would understand what I want and instead, he gave me a plate of fried mee but with sauce - I told him, I want a dry one and you know what, he came back to me, with the same plate of noodle but with the sauce taken out. WTF!

The difference between here and there would be first thing first, the bean sprout. Here we cut the roots but the ones on the other side, the fried it with the roots and not to mention they always got this burnt smell out of it. It's really a turn off ...

7 Comments


Ooo...so crowded! Everybody home for the Gawai or is it always like this? That's fried dry, right? I prefer the Sibu ones - with gravy...and one big plate like that in Sibu RM5.00 enough - you wait, maybe can see when I post on my steamboat party!


This is only 4/6 families. Another two came later during the day. You can imagine how we sleep at night. From the living room to the kitchen - like dead bodies everywhere!

the pic I took, it was quite big actually but we finished half, I forgot to take it while it's still hot and full. ha ha ha


The plate of noodles looked like thin maggots... hehe...


Orang Semenanjung memang tidak pandai masak mi goreng. Basah-basah jak, I mean, WTF are they doing??!! Aku mintak kering ari ya pun they STILL cook basah. And they like to use Yee Mee. Yee Mee sucks man, tastes bad, very plain, useless, easily the crappiest type of noodles anyone can get.


eiling : seriously, the presentation of the food is bad .. ha ha ha. that one I don't deny.

wahlaitoi : ha ha ha ... ya lah. lamak dah aku sik makan mee goreng sitok. aku rasa dah dekat 2 taun. nang sik nyaman lah ..


The taugeh experience... that made me into a non taugeh eater. ROTFLMAO!

Ehe, they would say our mee goreng too dry man, just like how we don't like their wet mee goreng. guess is how you like it from the time you start eating it till grown up, that's the best :P

ps: I see your aki. How old is he now?


yes u r rite wahlaitoi..
xtually me oso from batu niah and now at kL.. mee goreng batu niah nice oso.. but the best 1 is kolok mee batu niah hehehe...

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.