9

I'm Yours

Posted by cibol on 12:46 PM in , ,


I texted a few friends back in February if I'm not mistaken, that was the time when Jason Mraz was in town. he was not really a household name by that time and I thought that It will be interesting to go and watch the concert. I've been following jason Mraz ever since the single "You and I Both" was released back in 2002, it was the third single from the album "Waiting For My Rocket To Come".

I actually really really wanted to go for the concert but I received 5 out of 5 replies saying, "No, not interested", and a few "Who the fuck is Jason Mraz?" and a "I only know one song, why should I go?". That actually dented my hope of catching MR. A-Z live act in KL. A bummer! yeah, some of you might want to suggest that I go there alone but dudes and dudettes, I don't drive and going there to catch him playing live will require me to sleep over at the stadium (wherever that was) until the very next morning!

and so, the story ended there.

But there was this wave of everybody having to sing "I'm Yours" every single day for I do not know how long until I got so tired and sick of the song and then my friends started to know who Jason Mraz is and they said "Why didn't you tell me earlier?". Hello, didn't I just did that? But anyway, that's a gone case now and so since it's Saturday, a day where everyone else would like to call shopping day, clubbing day or what not and I'm here at home, doing house chores, washing clothes and blah blah blah ...

I've got some free time. So I dig my own "I'm Yours". This is recorded like a few times because I just couldn't really follow the lyrics quite well, that's the best I can do. Seriously ... Enjoy!





9 Comments


Bol, you've got yourself that blue shirt! Cool! If I were in KL, I would have attended Mraz's concert. Waiting for his next world tour (fingers crossed)..


Nice...but sorry, not a Jason Mraaz fan and not that crazy about this song or other songs of his either. LOL!!!


daniel : No lah, the shot was taken during our last outing. :p

suituapui : Come on, give it some love. :p


I prefer u put d lyrics along when u attached a video so i can sing along :P
so here's the lyrics: (eheheheh, for my own ref jak)
Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
Now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out
I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
Listen to the music of the moment, maybe sing with me
All - ah peaceful melody
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what I'm be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

Well no no, well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours
Please don't, please don't, please don't
There's no need to complicate
Cause our time is short
This is out fate, I'm yours


errrk...i just realize you change the lyrics :)


Baby : ha ha ha .. ok. Will do.

Anonymous : There's two version of the song. You can google it. The different is somewhere in the "listen to the music of the moment maybe sing with me all-ah peaceful melody" and another one is with "listen to the music people dance and sing, were one happy family"


wah wear so smart playing guitar.. :D


bogkersz : mesti lah .. jaga standard lah sikit. Whole world watching pok!


Good attempt! Applause : )

This is not as easy song to sing. Also maybe a little too high? Can lower it down by one semitone?

I love Jason Mraz! I've bought his album and loved most of the songs in there, though got bored already now after listening so many times : )

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.