9

Of Bonus and A New Found Glory

Posted by cibol on 10:49 PM
image-upload-91-786930

I got this from UMW Toyota, Miri.

image-upload-86-787538

A new year, well 6 days after and that is almost a week. People has been listing out lists of things to do before the year ended. Some got a long winded one some short one and some - none. They just go with the flow. Way to go!

Bonus, that's the big topic of the day. I read somewhere across the internet that bonus for my previous company is in today. Well, good for them. I'm actually happy for those who really deserved what they get especially for my colleagues in sales department. Hard work pays but in the meantime I'm a bit not happy the fact that some of the staffs that I knew they put in a lot of effort in their work but was rewarded in contrast.

A friend of mine, who have been working with the bank for quite some time, I think almost two years to date will be getting an increment from RM 1,500 to RM 1,800 or something in between I do not know the exact amount. I remember the last time she was paid an initial salary of RM 1,500 was because she is not a degree holder, she was in the middle of pursuing a degree.

She told me that she will be getting her degree like in another month. We are all happy for her. The sad news came with that because the management told her that the salary is going to be RM 1,800 the most for a fresh graduate. I was wondering what will she be taking home every month? I remember when I first join the bank I was paid RM 2,200 eventhough I do not any experiences in banking. That was 2 years ago and now two years after, they are offering this colleague of mine RM 1,800? A bit ridiculously insane and inhumane!

I was told that the very reason for that was because of the recession and they need to cut cost. My foot, your ass! You want to downgrade the post of an executive? How can you adjust the salary bar like that? If you maintain it, it's okay but to downgrade RM 400 out of it? That's purely inhumane! And so I told my friend that it is bullshit. Why they come out with such ideas? If that is so, I thank God that i quit long time ago. Well, not that long actually, at about 2 months or so - almost.

To be fair, i think there is no way that you can actually measure the performances of an operation staff. 2 months bonus, happy? The hardwork is not justified. Even people who work in a small town and go back sharp at 530 everyday also got 2 months bonus la dey! Happy for what?

Do you regret resigning from your previous company?

No. Absolutely not and you know what, I suddenly find myself full of angst now. Why? Because I think I feel for those who stayed and bled for the company. Digress a bit. Partly because, I really want to go back home or closer to home. It is better that way.

I think I move from a not so berapa type of bank to a better bank in a way, so i think I have no regrets or whatsoever. I do think that I can do better here than on the other side, financially I'll be better.

Like baby said,

God loves me. I think so too. and I thank God for everything that you've given me

9 Comments


ini dua orang banyak suka jump ah o.O

XD

haih, me dun hv much jodoh with bonus loh *cry* first job got bonus but i think it never got to even one month's salary *cry!* second job no bonus coz company dun hv enuf profit to give out bonuses *cry!!* current job no bonus also coz new company, belum ada duit masuk *cry!!!*

wah... RM1800 too few lah for a bank, that's why they say love the job NOT the company =.= maybe you can teach your ex-colleague to jump also XP


ah! i caught with my little eye, the name of your bank!! =D anyhow, here's to a bright future for you in your faith, career and love *cheers*


autumn

my first bank - i also no bonus, second one - got bonus but so lao beh, this current one? wait and see lah. but i am confident that it will be better.

owh! i didn't notice that. ha ha ha. namind la. small matter.

tengkiu tengkiu. i cheers u back


Money...money...money! I earn a bit, cukup makan...enough liao! As long as I'm happy, that's the most important thing in life!


well, you now got enuff for you to enjoy now. :p

now, I am happy, enjoying what I do. life is so much better


Huh RM1,800 only? Kena management bully already la. Fresh graduate already getting salary of rm2.2k-rm2.4k. Tell her threathen to jump ler:p

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.