3

Confession of A Banker - Ironic

Posted by cibol on 8:20 PM
"Nope, take it easy. It won't hurt that much".

Gently I tear off the envelope. And there you go. That was very much of a relief but the real thing has just begun.

"It wasn't that hard isn't it?"

I could close one eye and just look at the figure and try to tell myself, it's bearable. Just to keep myself calm and not to panic. Pheww ...

Have you ever felt that adrenaline rush everytime you received your credit card bill or bills? The thrill, suspense well it is more like a thriller for some. Believe me, it's so not easy. I remember that feeling. I can't wait to not feel like that anymore.



I'm here. I've been here for the last two years. Pretty impressive because back a few years ago I can never imagine myself being a banker. The idea of working for a bank is scary to me. But here I am, standing still after one helluva ride. Me, a banker - it doesn't really rhyme.

I failed my accounts, I failed my maths countless times over the years and that's on the academic part. On personal terms, I'm spendtrift, a shop-a-lot and bad with managing credit but one thing I can't deny, I love money. That's the only thing that I can make me feel connected to financial institution.

Somehow, all these makes me feel like "Rebecca Bloomwood", a shopaholic who can never get hold of her financial finance working for a financial magazine called "Successful Savings", teaching and sharing thoughts on personal savings, APRs and advising and giving a lot to the readers but what she never did was to take her own advice. Me, on the other hand, sometimes I feel that I am more or less like that not the part that I'm supposed to be "The Girl in A Green Scarf". Maybe I suit more to "The Boy in A Blue PJs" or maybe "The Boy in The Blue Boxers". Eyy, that's kinda cool.

It felt good, after all these years somehow being in this line taught me a lot of things and knowing little by little the way in and out of it makes me feel a lot more energetic and in the process build up my confidence.

A friend called a few days ago and asked me about how to open an account.

"Dude, need some help"

"Okay, wassup?"

"I kinda need to open an account. I have a malfunctioned mykad but it would be from a competitor bank. How do I go about it"

I paused for a moment, like if you open an account with my bank I got something from it? Perghh ...

"get a temporary IC from JPN. That would do"

"Anything else I need?"

"Just in case they want more supporting docs, bring your birth cert and driving license along"

"Okay, cool. Thanks dude"

It's a simple question but I feel proud because I shared something that I know with someone. I can feel the happy-ness in it. It was such a pleasure when someone come to you and asked for your advice on things. It might not be a one million dollar question but as long as you can satisfy that someone with your explanation, I think you'd be satisfied as well. That's the way it is, right?

Be proud of what you are doing for you are doing good to others. yeah, talking like a real man!

Image courtesy of : http://washingtonindependent.com

3 Comments


ugh.. credit card bills.. rasa maok erase jak sigek number kat depan ka.. sigek number kat belakang ka.. :)).. working in the bank does not means we are very good in keeping the money itself :D


@ [zsazsa] - erase jak semua. Boh kira depan belakang

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.