7

The Unforgiven

Posted by cibol on 10:31 PM


So many things, yet so "Don't Know" what to write. I guess that's the price that you pay for not been blogging actively for the whole year. I believe ever since I moved here, everything had been a little bit too mundane. I guess being brought up in a small town makes me feel like I suited more to a small town rather than big cities like KL.

It's easy to say that one must balance between work and having own life but the fact is, in this place I feel pretty much do not have a life at all. It's not just a life less than ordinary but maybe extraordinarily lifeless. It is said as if one just couldn't imagine how to cope with that.

Blah .. It's dull, mundane, boring .. That's what it is.

Ras was is in KL. How I know? It's a good thing that I spent my weekend sitting in front of my computer and spending ample of time on facebook. I saw the status saying "kelompo kelompo". I quickly sent him a message on his mobile asking is he coming down to KL and he promptly replied, YES!

For that moment I thought, facebook is just brilliant. Not that I only realized that now but somehow I wanted to echo the statement around! and yes, I met him today. Having some lomo time down at KLCC. No, I'm not planning to have a lomo camera or what not even though I've always said that I wanted a camera. I do not know for what purpose that will be but I want it but maybe not so badly. If you give money, I think I would like to prefer the money more than the thought of buying a camera. Weird, but it is true. True things sometimes doesn't make any sense.

We spent time catching up on old stories, talking about friends, while a few of us are still single (not available) there's a bunch of us who are happily married. Well, actually not just a bunch but like almost all of them. Funny, it feels like we were in school yesterday. Time flies. I know, you can't turn it back. Same like some words when spoken can't be taken back. Can't find a better man.

I remember the days when the "Ujang" pantun series was released back in 1996. The thought of Lim Tat and Din Beramboi came to my mind. Because of this freaking tape, we got so excited and we decided to make our own "Ujang" series. It's not funny but it is funny to us that time. I remember Ras recited a two kerat whammy and it goes like :

"Aku ada kek, mak aku ada p***k"

We thought that was funny but little that we know that the recording almost land us into trouble when the pengawas asrama decided to take away the tape and threatened us. And for that very reason, we all have to behave. Really really behave. I wonder where is the tape right now. I would love to listen to it again. Listen to how stupid I was - but then like they say, if you were not a manace when you were in school, you have nothing to talk about when you hang out with your old buddies, like today. At least, today we had a good laugh. So, don't be too good in school, be nasty a bit. That's a must!

I know, I didn't explain that much on the content of the tape - but honestly, I myself trying very hard to remember it. But I know it was full of curses and fucks all around. I mean it. No, there's no moral of the story. I think some things are meant to be left as in what it is. Don't think too much. Like the saying :

Fortune fame,
Mirror vain,
Gone insane but the memory remains


I'll rest my case for the day.


P/S : It's hard to write - my brains can't really be in a creative mode
P/S : Hey, don't give it up. No comments doesn't mean the end of the world. Keep on writing.


7 Comments


Life is lonely in the city, depressing...and it's all about money! Going out and having "fun" can get stressful...when you do not earn enough, and somehow SOME/MANY city people may be pretentious - not warm, sincere... That's why many need to see shrinks in the hope of restoring their peace of mind.


Maybe you should start singing again. You always say 'can't take the music away from you'. It guess KL have eaten much of you till nothing left behind. As least nothing that you could remember of. You even lost your ability to write, your creativity, to sing..hopefully not your sanity :)


suituapui : Yeah, you're right. Sincerity, that's what missing here and being true to one self .. Everyone's a copycat

lilchoc : Singing my heart out .. :) It wouldn't be the same too. I do it better in smaller place. :p


trace the prefect using facebook and ask him back for the tape!


wish i know what u mean by growing up in a smaller town.. coz growing up here in kl i'm so accustomed to the insincerity and being a copy cat here..

drumsticks


We were rascals back then heh? I remember the Din Beramboi tape, I think some seniors also made such tape and then laughed at their own recordings.

I remember the little chat I had with Ras at the Bekia hostel, where he convinced me to join the plot. HA HA HA! It's somewhere in the archieve of my blog, well names changed :P

It's lonely sometimes in big town. I'm loving Miri more than ever now!


eiling : I do not have any cassette player anymore :p

drumsticks : It's so much different. It's a place where everybody knows everybody and you'll be afraid to do bad things because in a matter of minutes,the whole town will know. He he he

bongkersz : Yeah man! That was serious shit. I remember those Lim Tat lah .. the pantun so damn crazy funny man!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Copyright © 2009 The Banker Rants All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.